Dr. George Cole, Jr., is Medical Director at Pharmacyclics where he directs Phase I, II, and III global clinical trials after training as a thoracic surgeon.We discuss his path from early years to where he is today. Dr. Cole also mentored host Dr. Dianne Ansari-Winn along her path to a non-clinical career (the “Dark Side”) over 4 years ago. If you are interested in exploring a non-clinical career, this podcast is for you. We discuss where to begin, how to assess your skills, build a network, the importance of a resume, timeline for traversing to a non-clinical career, whether or not to get an MBA, and other topics vital to making this important decision and transition.
- The Solution for Loneliness in Physicians with Aparna Iyer, MD
- The Way to Wealth for Physicians with Buck Joffery, MD
- Dr. Dad: Fatherhood in Medicine with Dr. David Draghinas
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) Scheduling and Prevention of Physician Burnout: Suvas Vajracharya, PhD
- The ME Factor: Burnout in Men with Dr. Ganz Ferrance, PhD