Dr. Maire Daugharty is an Anesthesiologist in private practice in Colorado. She is also studying to earn a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with the intention of creating a functional medicine/counseling practice to serve the physician community. We discuss how a cultural shift which emphasizes physician self-care can be begun with using a model similar to our colleagues in counseling–that we as physicians make self-care and caring for each other a priority as a means to longevity in our profession and providing better health care for our patients. Dr. Daugharty also describes a definition of self-care, its importance for physicians, and ways to incorporate self-care into our lives starting today.
- The ME Factor: Burnout in Men with Dr. Ganz Ferrance, PhD
- 3-2-1 Podcasting with Nii Darko, DO
- Parenting Secrets with Dr. Jarret Patton
- Designing Your Own Medical Practice That You Love! with Dr. Dina Strachan
- How To Recover When Your Medical License Is Revoked: Licensed to Live with Dr. Jarret Patton