Dr. Maire Daugharty is an Anesthesiologist in private practice in Colorado. She is also studying to earn a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with the intention of creating a functional medicine/counseling practice to serve the physician community. We discuss how a cultural shift which emphasizes physician self-care can be begun with using a model similar to our colleagues in counseling–that we as physicians make self-care and caring for each other a priority as a means to longevity in our profession and providing better health care for our patients. Dr. Daugharty also describes a definition of self-care, its importance for physicians, and ways to incorporate self-care into our lives starting today.
- Entrepreneurship and Running a Coaching Practice–The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly with Katrina Ubell, MD
- Success! in a Non-Clinical Medical Career with Dr. Katrina Ubell
- The Solution for Loneliness in Physicians with Aparna Iyer, MD
- The Way to Wealth for Physicians with Buck Joffery, MD
- Dr. Dad: Fatherhood in Medicine with Dr. David Draghinas