Dr. Vaughn Browne, MD, PhD is an Emergency Medicine physician, leader, and professor at University of Colorado Medical School. He and host Dianne Ansari-Winn, MD discuss how tragedy led him into medicine and his ultimate journey into academic medicine. We also discuss why diversity in medicine, as well as all fields of endeavor, is important and the richness that it creates in our field. They also discuss ways to encourage diversity in medicine, starting at the middle school/junior high level forward not only simply in academics, but by providing mentoring and research experiences for prospective students to help them build a well-rounded and competitive application for medical school.
- How do you encourage others? Encourage X with James E. Brown, Jr.
- Real Talk with a Medical Mama of Four! with Dr. Carolyn Fitzpatrick
- Physicians on Social Media–How To Do It Right with Sue Koch
- The Kids Are Gone, Now What?–The Empty Nest with Dr. Toyin Falusi
- Professional Fulfillment, Self-Renewal, and CME: Physician Wellness Conferences with Dr. Imelda Tija and Dr. Alicia Kowalski