My guest Dina Strachan, MD left academics and founded her own dermatology practice in a very competitive market in New York City. She started with a dream and a small budget and has grown her very successful practice on her own terms. Dr. Strachan is also a well-known author and blogger and has been named a “Super Doctor” by the New York Times. She is also the author of Moxie Mindset, Secrets of Building a Profitable, Independent Physicians Practice in a Competitive Market, which was released this year.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to be both financially successful and have deep joy and personal satisfaction in medicine
- Why having an independent practice actually serves the public better than larger practices do
- Why “fitting the mold” leads to physician burnout
- How to break out of “big” medicine, do your own thing, and still be successful
- Why leaving medicine is not necessarily the path to happiness, even when you are burned out.
You can find Dr. Strachan on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, www.dinastrachanmd.com, and find her book at amazon.com.