Dr. George Cole, Jr., is Medical Director at Pharmacyclics where he directs Phase I, II, and III global clinical trials after training as a thoracic surgeon.We discuss his path from early years to where he is today. Dr. Cole also mentored host Dr. Dianne Ansari-Winn along her path to a non-clinical career (the “Dark Side”) over 4 years ago. If you are interested in exploring a non-clinical career, this podcast is for you. We discuss where to begin, how to assess your skills, build a network, the importance of a resume, timeline for traversing to a non-clinical career, whether or not to get an MBA, and other topics vital to making this important decision and transition.
- How do you encourage others? Encourage X with James E. Brown, Jr.
- Real Talk with a Medical Mama of Four! with Dr. Carolyn Fitzpatrick
- Physicians on Social Media–How To Do It Right with Sue Koch
- The Kids Are Gone, Now What?–The Empty Nest with Dr. Toyin Falusi
- Professional Fulfillment, Self-Renewal, and CME: Physician Wellness Conferences with Dr. Imelda Tija and Dr. Alicia Kowalski