Dr. Maire Daugharty is an Anesthesiologist in private practice in Colorado. She is also studying to earn a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with the intention of creating a functional medicine/counseling practice to serve the physician community. We discuss how a cultural shift which emphasizes physician self-care can be begun with using a model similar to our colleagues in counseling–that we as physicians make self-care and caring for each other a priority as a means to longevity in our profession and providing better health care for our patients. Dr. Daugharty also describes a definition of self-care, its importance for physicians, and ways to incorporate self-care into our lives starting today.
- How do you encourage others? Encourage X with James E. Brown, Jr.
- Real Talk with a Medical Mama of Four! with Dr. Carolyn Fitzpatrick
- Physicians on Social Media–How To Do It Right with Sue Koch
- The Kids Are Gone, Now What?–The Empty Nest with Dr. Toyin Falusi
- Professional Fulfillment, Self-Renewal, and CME: Physician Wellness Conferences with Dr. Imelda Tija and Dr. Alicia Kowalski