Dr. Kathy Stepien is a Pediatrician who came to medicine as a second career after many years as a physical therapist. During her journey from experiencing burnout as a physical therapist through graduate school, medical school, residency and her practice as a pediatrician, Dr. Stepien learned many strategies and lessons that she shares with other physicians through the Institute for Physician Wellness. In today’s episode, we discuss Dr. Stepien’s journey, the founding of the Institute, and its mission and offerings for physicians who are seeking wellness at the individual, institutional, and cultural levels.
- How do you encourage others? Encourage X with James E. Brown, Jr.
- Real Talk with a Medical Mama of Four! with Dr. Carolyn Fitzpatrick
- Physicians on Social Media–How To Do It Right with Sue Koch
- The Kids Are Gone, Now What?–The Empty Nest with Dr. Toyin Falusi
- Professional Fulfillment, Self-Renewal, and CME: Physician Wellness Conferences with Dr. Imelda Tija and Dr. Alicia Kowalski